Saturday, February 10, 2007

Movin' On Up

I've decided I hate living here. Not in Boston, I love the city, just hate the weather. I love living here about 4-5 months out of the year. That's it. There's nothing better than Boston in the spring and summer. Love that time of year.

Problem is the rest of the year is cold, rainy, snowy, sleety, shitty, crappy, depressing - uh - y? My ideal living arrangement would be living here from say May to October. Then living in a nice warm climate the rest of the year. In my fantasy it would be Grand Cayman, but I'll have to settle for Orlando or San Diego. I'm not picky.

Family, of course, prevents us from living my dream. We can't take the kids out of school a month into the year, then bring them back with a month left. Wait, could we? Wifey's a teacher, she could home school them as long as I didn't mind them learning that she always right and men are evil, corrupt demons from hell. We are, but they should learn that on the street like the rest of us.

Plus, wifey doesn't like the idea of being away from home during the holidays. She'll bitch and complain about them when she's around, but the subject of moving gets the eyes welling and that quiver in her voice. I say we cut off all contact and get the hell out. We can have a Christmas in July or something. Why doesn't that work? We would have Christmas on the beach twice a year!! That would be perfect!!!

My only choice is to become independently wealthy so I can do what I want, when I want. Since I'm fresh out of ideas, motivation or anything resembling an actual work ethic, it's the lottery for me. Powerball, MegaBucks, Mass Millions. I'll be living the American Dream in no time.

Today's distraction: Take this test to see what city you should be living in. Mine was, unsurprisingly, Miami. Beaches, warm weather, world class cigars. If they just spoke English there it would be perfect!!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_57538,00.html?hp=whatsnew_CityQuiz

No comments: