Monday, March 19, 2007

March Sadness

I'm a fucking idiot. I realize you probably already know that from reading my previous posts, but thought it was worth repeating. I'm smack in the middle of the office pool. Seven points behind the leader and kicking myself for thinking Louisville was the sleeper team to make the Elite Eight. I lived through Pitino with the Celtics. I should have known better.

Still, if Sosa didn't choke with those two free throws then chuck up a nearly half court prayer with more than 3 seconds still left on the clock, who knows. My thoughts on that game can be summed up thusly 'Fucking Sosa!'

Texas got the snot kicked out of them. You could kind of see that coming since Durant is basically the only good player on the squad. Their losing doesn't hurt me much.

I didn't know that much about UNLV this year so had them leaving early. Same for Butler. Who in holy hell are these teams?

Plus Ohio State nearly made me piss my pants. What the fuck were they doing? A last second three point prayer to get it to overtime? I am not at all comfortable that I have them going to the Final Four. They looked extremely beatable. Maybe that's their wake up call.

However, I'm not out of it yet. Seven of my Elite Eight teams are still alive (Fucking Sosa!!!) so if things play out like I hope I can still pull $750 out of my ass. That would feel good.

Here were my final eight teams with the top bold teams going to the Final Four.

Florida
UNC
UCLA
Ohio State
Oregon
Kansas
Georgetown
Louisville (SOOOOOSSSAAAAAAA!!!!)

If you need to know I have UNC and UCLA going to the finals (the all acronym game) with UNC winning it all. I've bet on Roy Williams before and paid dearly for it, but I think he has the best all around team with a coach that's been there before. BTW, the one time I didn't put my eggs in with Roy was the year he won it all with UNC. He better not fuck me over again or there will be repercussions.

Namely, me losing my $20 in the office pool. I don't like those kinds of repercussions at all.

Sidenote for Monday. There is a Starbucks in my building that I've been going to for the last 5-6 months. Lately the freakin' line has been ridiculous. Around the corner, past the front door to where people wait for the coffees. This morning was so bad I just walked out. I don't need this shit. Especially on a Monday morning.

So what happened? Why is this suddenly so packed? Did people just discover it? Have I just been getting there during a rush? Has the service been extra slow or they been short handed? Why can't I just get my own personal Starbucks? Alas, I have no answers. And since I still need my coffee fix, I will be heading down there soon to get back in another line. Fuckin' caffeine has me as it's slave.

Thankfully, a good friend of mine sent me pictures that made me laugh. I am in a much better mood now. I like having friends. Even if I'm not allowed to have any.

Today's distraction: Find out how well you know March Madness. I only scored a 60, which disappointed me. Luckily, I've learned how to live with disappointment.

2 comments:

French said...

Come on mzn, Space Ghost is the best cartoon ever created...bar none. Did you ever see the "Unreasonable Demands" episode of Space Ghost?

And UNC-UCLA could also be the battle of the powder blues...although, UCLA is more of a cobalt, isn't it?

Edgar Sosa played the most brilliant 39 minutes of basketball you could ask for...and then decidedly shit the bed for the final minute. Just awful.

BeachBum said...

I do (or did) enjoy 'Space Ghost' but they haven't been making any new ones, have they? Besides, I like the Monty Python feel of 'Robot Chicken'. You never know where it's going or what you're going to see next.

Plus, the writers are highly disturbed (as that Calvin and Hobbes clip proves), which means I relate to them.

It's hard to get on Sosa since they wouldn't have been in the game if it weren't for him in the first place, but, you're right, it was one of the worst final minutes I've ever seen.

Fucking Sosa.....