Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Things I've Learned

This is just a recent list of things I've learned.

At times, roommates suck.

Once in a while, the nice guys (or in this case, gals) finish first.

JJ Foley's Buffalo Tenders burn just as much, if not more, going out as they do going in.

I might be able to copy shows I've recorded on my DVR to my laptop. This is just hypothetical at this point and will let you know how things turn out.

No matter how much warning and preparation time you give people, a majority will always wait until it's too late.

I have no idea who's going to win the NCAA tournament this year. Kansas, Florida, Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, North Carolina, UCLA and, as my sleeper, Michigan State all have the ability to go all the way. Good luck with your brackets. You'll need it.

I left Wisconsin and Memphis off that list for a reason.

Not many people are familiar with the acronym BAMF (pronounced as it's spelled). It stands for Big Ass Mother Fucker (or Fucking, depending) and I use it to describe the size of something I'm either in the mood for or need. Example: "I so tired this morning. I need a BAMF coffee."

All women are insane. Actually, this is more a verification than new information.

When someone is diagnosed with cancer - any kind of cancer - and that person has been a steady smoker for over 40 years the word 'shocked' should never be used. 'Inevitable' maybe, but never 'shocked'.

Never put your brackets in before you absolutely have to. I learned this after watching ESPN News this morning and seeing an item on Villanova's starting guard being injured. Yes, Villanova is one of my sleepers. Yes, I'm seeing if I can get my sheet back.

My Final Four if anyone cares: NC, Florida, UCLA, Ohio State. I was torn on two potential matchups. One in the second round with NC and Michigan State. MS could take that game and I wouldn't be surprised at all. So basically my entire bracket could be ruined by day three. The second was the potential Florida - Oregon matchup in the Elite Eight. Went with Florida and their experience, but that's another one that could go either way.

And, I know what you're thinking about UCLA, but take a look where they're playing all their games. Rounds 1 + 2 in Sacramento. Rounds 3 & 4 in San Jose. They barely have to travel more than a few hours while their main opponent in that frame is Kansas, who start in Chicago for the first two, then have to go to San Jose for the next two. Can't tell me that's not going to be a factor as well as a potential Kansas - UCLA matchup basically being a home game for the Bruins. Must be nice.

Today's distraction: Check out some strange statues from around the globe. I like some while others just disturb me.

2 comments:

French said...

Don't blame your raging hemmorhoids on JJ's wings, bro. Clean your ass once in a while and maybe it'll hurt less when you shit.

PS: JJ's Ranch dressing = everyone else's Creamy Italian ... JJ's Creamy Italian = ???

BeachBum said...

I'll blame my flaming asshole on whatever I want! When I shit fire it's nobody's business but my own.

Yeah, JJ's dressing labels are all fucked up. Bunch of dopes.