Monday, June 30, 2008

I've Got Nothing

I have absolutely nothing to say today.

I could bore you with random research articles, but I'll save those.

I could regale you with highlights of a subpar, boring weekend, but why bother? I'm tired and, quite frankly, the highlight was fixing my clothes line. I leave the rest of the weekend to your imaginations.

I could talk about the Sox or something sports related but I seem to be suffering a Celtics hangover and haven't been paying that much attention.

I could just make shit up. Want me to make something up? Me neither. What fun is that?

I could talk about how I took my son to see 'The Incredible Hulk' but it's basically me and him sitting in a theater staring at a screen. I'll review this in more detail later, but it's a thumbs up.

So instead, it's just today's distraction. I'm unmotivated and tired and will do better tomorrow. Promise. Hell, how could I not?

Today's distraction: Handy Latin phrases you can use everyday. We're using the first one in Boston right now!! Go figure!

4 comments:

son pere said...

Sorry your day isn't going as well, or being as much fun, as mine! I hope things change for you real soon.

I just sent this to you via e-mail, but I'll put it here, as well, just in case!

http://www.holytaco.com/2008/05/14/10-items-you-think-make-you-cool-but-dont/

Check this out while you are being totally bored at work - might brighten up your otherwise dull day!
Check out #9, especially.

PS - French, if you're tuned it, you can check it out, as well, as #9 will be specially meaningful to you!

Hammen said...

Is 'ubuntu' latin? I've been using that quite a bit lately.

son pere said...

Sounds like Swahili to me!

Here's another:

Illegitimus non carborundum.
Don't let the bastards get you down.

BeachBum said...

Nice link, son pere. Although I don't wear ironic belt buckles or drink ironic beer. I'm a regular belt guy with regular beer taste. Not sure PBR would fall in that category, anyway. Think that would be more a Keystone Light or Schlitz.