Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Winner Is.....

Went with the rice and salad plate from Sue's Deli.

While I gave serious consideration to Hammen's suggestion, I had the nachos from Qdoba yesterday and my stomach still hasn't recovered. Let's just say I've been 'taking care of business' for the last 20 minutes.

Besides, the big draw at Sue's - besides their reliable rice and salad plate - is the prepackaged Whoopie Pies at the register. They look like those bland, mass produced treats, but they are the next best thing to home made. Fresh and tasty.

Like me.

Today's distraction: Seven ways to eliminate distractions from your day. Get it? It's irony! This is 'Today's distraction' and it's how to.....oh, nevermind.....

5 comments:

French said...

I'd love for this to become a weekly thing for as many bloggers that can participate and/or care to...listing potential lunch places and taking suggestions. I didn't read this in time to suggest the Turkey Light. You know that line moves fast, dog. You KNOW IT. But...but, but, but...next time you gotta factor in Viga's Prato. UNREAL and always good. And pretty cheap. And UNREAL.

Tonight is the famed $1 PBR's and $.10 wings at the Onion...you'll be missed.

BeachBum said...

Thanks. I'll try to make it some other night, but already had plans.

Is that a dot in front of the ten? As in 10 cent wings??!! Holy shit, that's impressive.

thepowerof10 said...

Shoulda gone with Q'doba, but that's just my personal opinion. I really feel like they can do no wrong, and I will stand by that comment until the day I die of heart failure linked to an overdose of chicken queso burritos.

son pere said...

Impressive, and damn good, too!!

We ordered up 50 of those bad boys last night, 25 Buffalo-style, and 25 barbeque-style. Gotta say that the Buffalo-style wings were the best. Couple those with the $1.00 PBRs and, man-oh-man, what a feast!! Too bad you couldn't make it, as I was in a VERY GENEROUS mood, and bought for everyone! We were 5 people and the total bill came to $38!!! There was another couple there that we know - they were there before we arrived, so we joined them. They had already ordered up a platter of 25 wings and a couple of PBRs by the time we got there.

You gotta try to make it down on a Tuesday night this summer. We couldn't believe that the place wasn't even crowded when we got there, or when we left. It must be a well-kept secret in Beverly.

son pere said...

I forgot to mention that the bill would have been closer to $30, had wifey not ordered a GLASS of WINE!!!