Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weekend Plans

Random things I want to do this weekend. Chances are I'll get to half of these. I'll let you decide which will definitely be crossed off the list by Tuesday.

Drink: Drink beer. Lots of beer. Lots and lots of beer.

BBQ: Buddy, wife and their fetus will be arriving Saturday for some grillin', drinkin', smokin' and make funnin' (sp?). Told them they could leave their unborn baby at home if they wanted. No reply on that, yet.

Kayaking: Been a few times, but want to get it on big time before the weather gets too cold. Definitely one trip as I've discovered a public launch that puts you right into Boston Harbor. Oh, I'm there.

Gym: I've been slacking lately and it's time to get my ass in gear. Might as well take the long weekend to get the soreness over with.

New Music: New Arctic Monkeys was released last week and it's been a while since I've browsed Newbury Comics. This weekend will be time to put that streak to rest.

Clean Gutters: Cleaning optional.

Beach: Water and weather are still perfect and it might be the swan song for sand and surf. Maybe I can combine kayaking with this. Two birds, one stone deal.

Sleep: The boys are back in school and I forgot (or blocked out) how exhausting the morning routine can be. Go to gym, make lunches, wake boys, shower, wake boys for second time, get them dressed, get self dressed, make sure snacks and lunches are in appropriate bags, sob while briefly recalling my bachelor days, get youngest off with wifey, bring eldest to school. I'm beat, man. Need to catch up on sleep.

Smoke Cigar(s): Here's where it gets tricky. My plan was to combine beer, BBQ with the cigars, but with preggo coming over I won't feel comfortable smoking in front of her. So I may need to distance myself with a cigar all by myself. Actually, that sounds great. I'm doing that.

Carnal Knowledge: Wifey, myself or whoever is available. I'll take what I can get at this point.

Watch Red Sox: Most likely it will be watching their season go spiraling down the shitter, but it will look fantastic in HD.

Plan End Of Year Fantasy Party: Oh, it's happening this year. This I can assure you.

Enjoy the long weekend. Power to the workers!


Today's distraction: One man's account of his backpacking trip in Europe. The account isn't the actual trip, but the escalating emails from his girlfriend who either didn't know or had forgotten he had gone away. Like watching a train wreck in slow motion. He should be glad he discovered the extent of her madness before they got married. The obviously drunk email is both the most horrifying and hilarious of them all.

3 comments:

Clayton Bigsby said...

I will guess you drink, eat, watch the Sox, smoke, and sleep. The other things would require much effort. It's labor day, there should be no effort.

Hammen said...

Ahhh Labor Day, such a glorious weekend. Enjoy your wonderful-sounding endeavors, sir.

A Tribute: deer a train and basketball said...

Those emails were hilarious. That chick was apparently one crazy bitch. Have a good weekend.