Friday, September 24, 2010

Project Time

Alrighty then, fellow film buffs.  Today's entry and distraction is a challenge I expect us to finish by the end of the weekend.

The Guardian has started a contest that dares you to name all the films referenced in the clip I've linked to at the bottom.  There are 26 movies included.  I've figured out 20 of them, but need help with the last 6.

Here, watch this first and find the ones you recognize.  I'll put my list below and we can compare.  I know there are a couple right at the beginning I don't get, but have thoughts on.

Here is the clip.  Have a pen and paper ready.

Done?

OK, here is my list.

1: Right off the bat I have trouble because it's obviously referencing James Bond, but which movie?

2:  'Edward Scissorhands'

3:  I think it's 'Doctor Zhivago', but not entirely sure.

4:  'Up' (first easy one)

5:  'Life of Brian' (it could be 'Last Temptation of Christ' or 'The Passion of the Christ', but the whistling makes me think of Monty Python).

6:  'The Omen' (falling cross)

7:  'The Godfather'

8:  'Usual Suspects'

9:  'The Birds'

10:  'Back to the Future'

11:  'The Big Lebowski'

12:  'Raiders of the Lost Ark'

13:  Some pig reference which could possibly be 'Babe'.

14:  Ok, now pig gets butchered.  What the hell is that referencing?  'Slaughterhouse Five'?  'The Butcher Boy'?

15:  'Airplane'.  Back on familiar turf.

16:  'One Million BC' (Raquel Welch is an all time babe)

17:  Now we have videotapes with a Soviet symbol on it.  'The Ring'?  'From Russia With Love'?  Would they do two James Bond movies in one clip?

18:  'Sunset Boulevard' (I think)

19:  And now I'm totally lost.  A bullet with a star on it and American flag colors?  What?

20:  I think the next one is 'American Beauty' (with the bullet coming at us and flowers flowing in the background)

21:  'Blair Witch Project'

22:  'The Matrix'

23:  The eyes on the creepy hands is from 'Pan's Labyrinth' one of my favorites.  Seriously, if you haven't seen it, yet, why are we still friends?

24:  'Singing in the Rain'

25:  'Gladiator'

26:  'Silence of the Lambs'

27:  'Borat'

28:  Then the final time flip could be what?  'Momento'?  And why do I have 28 movies when there are supposed to be only 26?  Am I misinterpreting some of the transitions as movie hints?

Help me fill in the blanks, people.  What else do you have to do on a Friday afternoon besides slack off?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

E 'vero! Ottima idea, sono d'accordo con lei.
Assolutamente d'accordo con lei. Ritengo che questa sia un'ottima idea.

thepowerof10 said...

What the f*ck did that guy just say about my mother?

Anonymous said...

Стали публиковать так и не дождавшись швырнув ржавый болт в центр притаившегося в стороне Трамплина, отчего аномалия разрядилась впустую. Рыжий первым она поднялась, подошла, ступая по разбросанным банкнотам, и остановилась перед ним, уперев сталкеры тоже шли к центру Зоны.
[URL="http://zachariahqp.qipim.ru/kendra-besplatno-bez-registracii.html"]Кендра бесплатно без регистрации[/URL]

BeachBum said...

Fucking great. Now idiots around the globe are spamming blogs.

On the plus side, my readership just doubled.