Yes, I'm still alive.
No, I haven't abandoned this space (yet).
Yes, I hope to post more in the coming days, but this new job has been relentless.
As a teaser, here is a quick rundown of the past month.
- Spent a week in Boston taking a class (I had class for once!) which resulted in multiple visits to my old drinking places.
- Went to my first Bruins game in over 25 years and had more fun than I ever expected. Still not much of a hockey fan, but it was a good time.
- In Dallas for a week to meet all the big wigs in my new company. I even impressed them with a possible solution to an ongoing issue and my awe inspiring drinking ability.
- Bonded with new boss over cigars and beer while he got sloppy drunk and spilled more than he should have to me. Still, I consider it a trust test and I will not say a word to anyone. It helped that he was sitting at the bar at the local Benni Hannas sucking down cheap Saki for hours before I arrived. I now understand the term 'Hot Mess'.
- Realized I lost my dear DA's cell phone number during my move to the new gig. Trying to figure out a way to get it back without risking another 'incident'. DA, if you're reading, I'm open to suggestions. Have I mentioned there are five offices in Southern California with this new company? Just sayin'. Still need a debrief on New York and Paris. I'm assuming you got there somehow.
- My poor Patriots lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl again. (Seriously, fuck Eli). Since Wifey has a major crush on Wes Welker I made sure to point out that his dropped pass is the reason they lost. May not be true, but it's fun to watch her try to defend him.
- Celtics are a mess with Rondo alternately pouting then playing like second coming of Tiny Archibald. With all the trade rumors flying around I can't make up my mind if trading him is a good idea or not. Depends on the day.
- It's currently 70 degrees in Boston following one of the mildest winters in my lifetime. Go global warming! If every winter were like this, I would just fine.
I'll touch base later with more details. Back to work.