Monday, October 22, 2012

Tragedy

Something horrible happened this past Saturday morning.  It was a weekend that will live in infamy with my family for generations. 

Our Dish Network receiver died and we've had no television for the past three days. 

Sorry, I should have prepared you for such devastating news but part of me thought it best to just blurt it out so you could recover from the shock. 

If your first thought was my inability to watch any Red Zone yesterday you weren't the only one.  I kept attempting to repair the receiver on my own in hopes I could get a few last, desperate hours out of it.  Alas, it was not to be. 

Instead I was forced into the following activities:

-  Playing cribbage with my wife (beat her two out of three....sorry...is 'beat' and 'wife' not supposed to go together?)

-  Assisting my eldest son in creating a model of an animal cell for his school project and reaffirming my long held belief that school sucks. 

-  Watching in disbelief while my seven year old taught himself how to ride a bike with no training wheels.  Didn't even know he was going to try until I looked out the window and saw him riding around the circle at the end of our street. 

-  Getting work done.  No shit.  I was productive over a weekend. 

-  Went to the gym.  Again, I should have prepared you for that, as well.  My sincere apologies.

-  Read (gasp) a BOOK!!!!

-  Watched '21 Jump Street' on DVD.

-  Watched two horror movies and 'The Walking Dead' season premiere on my laptop.

-  Went to bed at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night and slept for 9 hours.

-  Listened to the Patriots under achieve on the radio like it was 1935. 

The good news is the replacement receiver should be here tomorrow and my life will go back to being normal.  I won't have to help my kids with homework, I can pretend to listen to my wife bitch about work while half watching PTI out of the corner of my eye, I'll get to watch and fantasize about JC Monyhan and Dorothy Krysiuk every morning, and most importantly, the NFL will be making a full time comeback next Sunday.

Everyone keep me in your thoughts over these trying times.  I will try to get along as best I can, but it will not be easy. 

No comments: